“HE WHO TAKES MEDICINE AND NEGLECTS THE DIET WASTE THE SKILL OF HIS DOCTOR.”
Old Chinese Proverb
Medical Properties according to traditional Chinese medical text:
Hemp seed has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. According to formal Chinese medical text, hemp seeds have the following medicinal properties:
- AID, prescribed for conditions related to childbirth; that is to hasten it when delivery is complicated or overdue, for postpartum recovery, blood deficiency, and following feverish conditions, and to alleviate retained placentas in mothers just starting to breast-feed as well as to increase milk flow.
- ANTHELMINTIC, since it helps to destroy and dispel parasites, including worms.
- ANTI-ATHEROSCLEROTIC, since it helps break-up long standing problems with the blood flow and restores the blood, pulse rates, veins and arteries.
- ANTI-INFLAMITORY, it soothes and reduces inflammation.
- ANTESEPTIC, it prevents bacterial growth, inhibits pathogens, and counters sepsis.
- ASSISTING in the cure of zhong feng (neurological impairment due to stroke) and in the reduction of excess sweating associated with it.
- CARRIER in herbal formulas used to treat ulcers and sores, internally and externally.
- CORRECTIVE for menstrual irregularities.
- DEMULCENT, which soothes, protects, and nurtures intestinal membranes, especially of the mucus membranes during acute episodes of Crohn’s or Ulcerative Colitis.
- DIURETIC, since it increases blood flow through the kidneys and bladder, thus promoting urination.
- ENERGETIC, as it is sweet and neutral, affecting the meridians and organs of spleen, stomach and large intestines.
- HYPOTENSIVE since it is helpful in reducing blood pressure.
- NUTRITIVE for healthy hair and skin, as well as the entire body.
- TONIC, which promotes general health and well-being, supports all organs, and builds energy and strength.
- DYSENTERY, but not for diarrhea since it loosens, relaxes, or stimulates evacuation of the bowels.
- CONSTIPATION, especially in the elderly. In China today, hemps seed oil is the most commonly prescribed remedy for constipation.
- OBSTINATE VOMITING.
- EDEMA and waste accumulations in the lymph system.
* These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada.
** This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We do not encourage self-diagnoses of any kind. Please see your physician if you are experiencing any health related issues discussed on this website.